Frequently Asked Questions
- Sign up to the site by clicking on the button on the Join In Northumberland homepage that reads: Register to Join In the conversation.
- Choose a username and a password
- Provide your email address, your name, and select the municipality where you live/own a business.
- You will receive an email to confirm your email address.
- Once you complete these steps, click the 'Sign In' button at the top of the Join In Northumberland homepage to login to the site and provide your feedback.
- It helps to minimize the chance of the consultation being manipulated by someone who leaves many comments in support of a position.
- It allows us to update community members if there are changes or new information about a consultation in which they have participated.
How do I provide input?
You can access feedback tools for each project that is open for consultation by clicking on the project box on the Join In Northumberland homepage. This will open the project page, where information about the project is posted, and specific feedback tools are listed.
How do I sign up to submit feedback?
Note: your comments will appear under your username and you can comment anonymously through a username of your choice.
Why do I need to sign up to this site to provide input?
We ask you to sign up for Join In Northumberland because:
Can I participate in a consultation anonymously?
Yes, you can participate anonymously through your chosen username. Even when you register and post comments, your anonymity is protected because you can only be identified by your chosen username.
What happens to my input?
All input is compiled and sent to the relevant project manager to inform recommendations and/or decision-making on a project.
Input provided through Join In Northumberland may be compiled with input obtained through other in-person consultation activities like open houses, public meetings pop-up events, workshops and other similar activities designed to inform a given project.
Note: All comments you make through Join In Northumberland become public records.
Is my privacy protected?
Your privacy is protected. From time-to-time, the County may send you emails with project updates or to invite you to participate in other consultations. Your email address will not be distributed to any third party or used for any other purpose.
Your login will be your username within the portal. Any comments you make in the portal will appear under your username, and your username will also be attached to any surveys you complete (accessible only to the project team). To ensure anonymity, please consider an unidentifiable username. For more information about why registration is required in Join In Northumberland, please see the above question: Why do I need to sign up to this site to provide input.
How is the site moderated?
All discussion forums, guest books and questions and answers are moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week for inappropriate language, comments that disrespect other participants and for comments that are off topic.
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table for the County. Moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site immediately and the person who posted the comment is advised by email. Please refer the Moderation Policy.