Consultation on Community Strategic Plan continues with 'Community Conversation' pop-ups
In just over one week, more than 500 community members have visited Join In Northumberland to learn more about development of Northumberland County’s new Community Strategic Plan. Since consultation launched on May 8th, over 110 people have submitted ideas, vision statements, and feedback on important priorities.
As another way to gather input from community members as part of this process, the County is coordinating ‘Community Conversation’ pop-ups at special events, farmers markets, and public libraries across Northumberland between May 20 – 28th. Community members are invited to connect with outreach team members over the next two weekends to share their thoughts in-person:
- Saturday, May 20: Cobourg Farmers Market (9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.)
- Saturday, May 20: Port Hope Famers Market (10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.)
- Friday, May 26: Brighton Library (10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- Saturday, May 27: Roseneath Library (11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, May 27: Bewdley Library (1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- Sunday, May 28: Warkworth Lilac Festival (10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
Northumberland County’s 2023 – 2027 Community Strategic Plan will define a shared vision for the future of Northumberland, and identify priorities and actions that will set the County on a path to achieving this vision. Making sure residents and community partners have a variety of opportunities to provide input is an important part of the County’s outreach to build a plan that best reflects community needs and expectations.
Community and staff consultation is currently underway, and will close June 2, 2023. A 16-member multidisciplinary team of County staff will review consultation input, consider emerging trends and the municipal operating environment, and develop a Community Strategic Plan for recommendation to County Council in August 2023.
Consultation has concluded